World Karate Structure
World Karate Federation - (W.K.F)
The World Karate Federation (W.K.F.) is recognised as the World Governing Body of Karate by the International Olympic Committee (I.O.C.).
The WKF has the aim of promoting, organising, regulating and popularising the sport of karate all over the world, of protecting the physical and mental health of the athletes, of contributing to the development of friendly relationships among the National Federations and of defending the interests of karate through out the world.
The current President of the W.K.F. is Mr Antonio Espinos.
The W.K.F. recognises five continential unions:
- A.K.F. - Asian Karate Federation - President: Kuang-Huei Chang.
- E.K.F. - European Karate Federation - President: Antonio Espinos.
- O.K.F. - Oceanic Karate Federation - President: Mr Michael Kassis.
- P.K.F. - Pan American Karate Federation - President: José García Maañón.
- U.F.A.K. - African Karate Federation - President: Mohamed Tahar Mesbahi.
- Mediterranean Karate Federation.