Students - Precepts of Karate-do
The following are interpretations of the Japanese concepts of Karate-do.
- Kansha - Thankfulness. Be grateful and give thanks for all you receive.
- Makota - Sincerity (honesty and devotion). Be sincere in all things and try to attain a pure mind.
- Mokuteki - Purpose. Have a positive and enthusiastic approach to training. Without purpose there is no direction.
- Shyuo - Discipline. With discipline there is focus, which leads to clarity.
- Sonkei - Reverence. Respect all things.
- Toitsu - Unity. Be at one with yourself and then with others to achieve the same directions and goals.