Karatesite - Legal Disclaimer
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
This disclaimer governs your use of our website (www.karate-site.co.uk) by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use our website.
This disclaimer constitutes the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website, and supersedes all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
The information on Karatesite is provided as a service to anyone with an interest in Karate and is intended merely to give an informed and considered view on the subject. Karatesite does not state that the information included on these pages is accurate, verified, current, comprehensive or complete. For this reason, you should neither rely nor act upon any of the information contained in these pages and, if you do so, it will entirely be at your own risk.
Much of the information in this site is written with a degree of partiality and in consideration of this there is absolutely no intention to mislead any reader for any purpose.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or documents from the website for your own personal use and to share amongst other Karate-ka subject to the restrictions below.
You must not:
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website edited in any form so as to alter the meaning and context as originally published on this web site.
The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
We do not warrant that functions contained in Karatesite's content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Karatesite or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise.
However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Karatesite is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any external website outside of this domain and linked to from this web site. We do NOT necessarily endorse the views expressed within them and we do NOT review their content on any ongoing basis.
The contact us page is merely an alternative form of emailing. Karatesite does not add your details to any mail list, pass them to any third party and does not send unsolicited promotional emails to anyone who chooses to make contact.
We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
This disclaimer will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this disclaimer shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
This disclaimer is based on a template created and distributed by www.website-law.co.uk
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information with relation to this website.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including: name, email, address, phone number);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including: name, email, address, phone number);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing & non-commercial) communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to Karate which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(4) Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
(5) International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan, & other countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on secure off-line computers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email to email@example.com at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.